Echo Meter Touch 2
Before you order, first download the Echo Meter Touch app and make sure it works on your phone.
Wildlife Acoustics designed the original Echo Meter Touch for bat professionals, but quickly realized that bat hobbyists were interested too – but not with the professional price tag. Echo Meter Touch 2 changes that by offering many of the features previously available only to professionals – at less than half the price.
Now, every bat enthusiast can use their compatible Android phone to discover, identify and study all the bats in their area. They can listen, record, and share. They even get the same automatic species ID features as the pros. It's fun, educational, and now – very affordable.
- Google Pixel and Pixel 2 (XL not tested)
- HTC 10
- Moto E4 (only works with the Echo Meter Touch 2, not the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro. We are researching a fix)
- Motorola Moto G4 and G5 (only works with the Echo Meter Touch 2, not the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro. We are researching a fix)
- Motorola Moto G5 Plus
- Oneplus 1 and 3
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (interference from the waterproof port door necessitates use of a micro-USB extender stub or cable with a connector width less than 1.4cm (0.55in)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7
- Sony Xperia XA
- ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
- Google Pixel C
- NVIDIA SHIELD K1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Any phone running an Android version earlier than 6.0
- Any tablet running an Android version earlier than 6.0
- All Amazon Fire tablets other than HD 10, which is still in testing.
USB Adapter Compatibility
Extension and adapter stubs:
- If you have a phone or tablet with a USB-C connector, you need an adapter stub. At this time we have found only one female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter that works with EMT2. It is available at Amazon in the US and UK. Search for "USB C to Micro USB Adapter, ARKTEK Type C (male) to Micro USB (female)". We will continue to test new adapter stubss and add to this list if we find more compatible adapters.
- If you have phone or tablet with a micro-USB connector but have a case that interferes with the EMT2, then you need a micro-USB extension stub. All stubs we have tested work fine.
- To use the EMT2 at some distance from your phone or tablet, you need an extension cable.
- If your device has a USB-C connector, it is best to use the adapter stub described above and then use a USB-C extender cable (female USB-C to male USB-C). All such cables we tested work fine. If your device has a micro-USB connector, then you need a micro-USB extension cable (female micro-USB to male micro-USB). All such cables we tested work fine.
That information can be found on the Wildlife Acoustics site:
If you need an EM2 - EM2 Pro comparison spec sheet please request one by email or comment on any order.